Sunday, March 13, 2005

A Prayer I Wrote For My Children

I've really been losing myself in the Word the last few days. It has drawn me to itself with a pull that I don't think I've ever felt, and I'm loving what He's saying to me right now. I'm also feeling drawn to intercede for my children in a way I never have before. Is it just me, or is the world going stark raving loony?

This urgency could be motivated purely by fear, but a longing to pray over them has consumed me, so I wrote this in hopes of conveying my heart to God. May it bless you and cheer you on to shamelessy and boldy intercede for your little ones!

May our sons in their youth be like plants full grown (Psalm 144:12) that they may be called "oaks of righteousness, plantings of the Lord for the display of Your splendor." (Isaiah 61:3) May our daughters be like corner pillars cut for the structure of a palace (Psalm 144:12), living stones who in the sight of God are chosen and precious. ( 1 Peter 2:4)

May the bones of our sons and daughters be made strong, with the Lord guiding them continually, satisfying their desires. (Isaiah 58:11) Plant them by the spring of Living Water- fill them with your Living Water (John 14:4) that out of their hearts will flow rivers of Living Water because they believe in You! (John 7:38)

Lord, I thank you that You will enlighten the eyes of their hearts, that they may know what is the hope to which You have called them, what are the riches of the glorious INHERITANCE in the saints, and what is the immessurable greatness of His power toward us who believe. (Eph 1:18) Give them spirits of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of You (Eph 1:17) that this gives them strength to comprehend what is the height and depth, width and length of the love of God that they may be filled with all the fullness of God! (Eph 3:17)

May they press on towards the goal for the prize of the upward call of God (Phil 3:14) and be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding so that they walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him and bearing good fruit in every good work and increasing of the knowledge of God. (Col 1:9) In all they do, may the work of their hands always glorify the beautiful image of the invisible God, who is Christ Jesus. (v 15)

I THANK YOU FATHER that you have forgiven them all their sins, that you nailed them to the cross and in doing so You disarmed the rulers and the authorities, putting them to open shame in front of my children in triumph! (Col 2:13-15) This is why no weapon formed against them will prosper! (Isaiah 34:17) I will forever praise you that everlasting JOY will be upon their heads and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. (Isaiah 35:10)

This is all I have for now. I'm sure I'll add more scriptures as they come to my heart. It will probably be a book by the time I'm done!

Do you have a precious scripture that you love to pray over your child(ren)?

|

<< Home
Copyright © 2004-2005 spiritual ingenue. All Rights Reserved.
email spiritual ingenue

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?